On this date in 1966, Red Auerbach retired as Boston’s coach after guiding the Celtics to a 95-93 triumph over the Lakers in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Auerbach coached Boston to nine NBA Championships–including eight straight titles from 1959-66–more than any other coach.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Dime Magazine gives the most disappointing players out of the East in 2012/13.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports looked at potential Sonics coaches.
- Singh Sports News was less-than-thrilled with Austin Rivers and other rookies this year.
- Hardwood Paroxysm hosted the first annual Fringe awards.
- Red94 implores you not to give up on Jeremy Lin.
- Forum Blue & Gold hopes that the Lakers go out on their shield.
- The Brooklyn Game looked back at the Nets' playoff overtime history.
- Blog A Bull reflected on the Bulls' amazing Game 3 win and how they got it done.
- The Basketball Post examined a Euroleague clash.
- Pounding The Rock knows the importance of ownership.
- Bright Side Of The Sun looks at Phoenix's GM search.
- Hoops Addict turns in their 2013 mock draft.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.