A few more notes related to today's big news: Doc Rivers is leaving the Celtics to coach the Clippers.
- ESPN.com's Marc Stein tweets that the NBA will not change its stance, and that any Kevin Garnett movement will be in violation of CBA rules.
- ESPNLA's Ramona Shelburne tweets that Paul Pierce and Garnett could still become members of the Clippers, but that the league will be watching closely. Also, the Clippers might not be interested in acquiring Garnett or Pierce, as Rivers was their primary goal.
- Yahoo! NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski says before the Clippers accepted Boston's latest offer, Rivers had informed the Celtics he would return to coach them in 2013/14, instead of going back to television.
- CBSSports.com's Ken Berger reports that the agreement in principle comes with the understanding that no subsequent exchange of players can be made between the Clippers and Celtics this summer.
- The News-Herald's Bob Finnan believes the Celtics could make Vinny Del Negro their next head coach.