Roughly 45 years ago today, The 76ers traded Wilt Chamberlain to the Lakers for Darrell Imhoff, Archie Clark, and Jerry Chambers plus an undisclosed amount of cash. Chamberlain would go on to average 17.7 PPG in his five final NBA seasons and help the Lakers win their first title in L.A. in 1972.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Soaring Down South looks at what Paul Millsap can bring to the Hawks.
- Silver Screen And Roll reflected on Metta World Peace's time in L.A.
- Pounding The Rock examines the enigma that is Tiago Splitter.
- Hoops Addict says Dwight Howard comes with too much baggage.
- Blog A Bull breaks down Chicago's Luol Deng dilemma.
- Bright Side Of The Sun has some questions about Phoenix's plan at the one-guard spot.
- Rufus On Fire gives us the state of the salary cap in Charlotte.
- Red94 sees major changes taking place after this summer's free agency period.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.