On this date in 1978, the NBA approved a franchise swap in which Buffalo Braves owner John Y. Brown and Harry Mangurian acquired the Celtics, while the Celtics owner Irv Levin got the Braves, who were later moved to San Diego to become the Clippers.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- True Sports Blog looks at the Warriors' crazy offseason after missing out on Dwight Howard.
- Wearing Film brings us a 2013 draft report card.
- Turnaround J runs down the second-tier free agents, including Greg Oden.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports is still hopeful that the NBA will return to Seattle.
- Red94 reflected on the Howard news the day after.
- The Dream Shake wonders if Kevin McHale can resurrect the Twin Towers in Houston.
- Pounding The Rock analyzes the Jeff Pendergraph pick up for the Spurs.
- Raptors HQ bid farewell to Andrea Bargnani.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.