On this date in 1992, Celtics forward Larry Bird announced his retirement from the NBA after 13 seasons. After walking away from the game, the future Hall of Famer joined Boston management as a special assistant to Celtics Senior Executive Vice President Dave Gavitt.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Blog A Bull implores you to give Derrick Rose's recovery some time.
- Bright Side Of The Sun grades Phoenix's small forwards.
- The Brooklyn Game updates us on the Nets.com domain name saga.
- Red94 has a Rockets blast from the past.
- Hardwood Paroxysm recaps the Blazers' offseason.
- Pounding The Rock sizes up the Spurs' competition.
- Rufus On Fire looks at some potential lineups.
- Golden State Of Mind talks life after Jarrett Jack.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.