Forty years ago, Julius Erving was traded by the Virginia Squires with Willie Sojourner to the New York Nets for George Carter, draft rights to Kermit Washington, and cash. Erving and his magnificent afro would go on to lead the Nets to ABA titles in 1974 and 1976.
Got a fantastic basketball blog piece that you want featured on Hoops Rumors? Send your submissions to [email protected] Here's this week's look around the web..
- Rufus On Fire discusses Gerald Henderson's value to the Bobcats.
- Pounding The Rock runs down the best of the rest, including Ivan Johnson.
- Hoops Addict says Dwight Howard has too much baggage.
- The Basketball Post updates us on the whereabouts of Maciej Lampe.
- Posting And Toasting looks at how Andrea Bargnani can help the Knicks.
- Hardwood Paroxysm wanted to know exactly who the Pistons are.
- Golden State Of Mind explains why Andre Iguodala is a fit for the Warriors.
- SLC Dunk asks if there are any worthwhile point guards left.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.