On this date in 1988, Hall of Famer Pete Maravich died at the age of 40 after suffering a heart attack while playing in a pick-up game in California. Pistol Pete, one of the most dazzling talents to ever grace the hardwood, became one of the youngest players ever inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame and was regarded by John Havlicek as “the best ball-handler of all-time.”
Got a great basketball blog post that you want featured on Hoops Links? Send it to me at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Keep It Cavalier looks at the logistics of a possible Andrew Bynum trade.
- Celtics Life wants to know what’s going on with all of these blown leads.
- 48 Minutes Of Hell looks at the Spurs’ needs and concerns in the New Year.
- Knickerblogger isn’t doing cartwheels over Jeremy Tyler.
- Hawks/Hoop casts their All-Star ballot for Jeff Teague.
- Bourbon Street Shots says Eric Gordon can’t play with Jrue Holiday.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, email Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.