We heard earlier today that Flip Saunders was likely to pursue renowned European coach David Blatt to join his coaching staff, but the Wolves aren’t the only club with Blatt on their radar. Steve Kerr and the Warriors are in discussions with the offensive guru, relays Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, who adds the pair met earlier today to discuss the job. Here’s more from around the league:
- The Mavs might be likely to make a run at a big free agent this summer, but Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News thinks the team should temper expectations and explains why Luol Deng is realistic fit for Dallas.
- Tomas Satoransky, a 2012 second-round pick by the Wizards, has received an invite to play for Washington’s summer league team, writes Ben Standig of CSNWashington.com. Satoransky played well in Spain last season, and the club might be interested in adding him to their roster next season if he proves he’s capable of competing in the NBA.
- Chris Herring of the Wall Street Journal takes a look at why centers and taller forwards have a hard time landing a head coaching gig in the NBA.
- Lance Stephenson is set to hit the open market this summer, and John Zitzler of Basketball Insiders recaps the young guard’s career to this point and explores what the future has in store for him.
- The latest mock draft from HoopsHype has Joel Embiid as the first player selected off the board, followed by Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker respectively.