On this date in 1950, the Celtics wound up with guard Bob Cousy in the Chicago Stags dispersal draft. Cousy may not have been the first choice of Celtics owner Walter Brown and coach Red Auerbach, but he sure did return the investment on his $8,500 price tag.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- The Half Court Heave previewed the Jazz.
- Six Championship Drive looks at the Magic for the upcoming year.
- Bright Side Of The Sun previews Phoenix’s playmakers.
- Mavs Moneyball looks at new arrival Chandler Parsons.
- Canis Hoopus recaps the Wolves’ version of midnight madness.
- Legion Report talks fantasy sleepers.
- Welcome To Loud City discussed the Thunder’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Sonics Rising dispels the myth of an NBA talent shortage.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].