On this date in 1996, the Jazz beat the (Vancouver) Grizzlies, 105-91, increasing the Grizzlies’ record losing streak to 20 games. Vancouver would extend its losing streak to an NBA record 23 games. The 23-game mark would later be tied by the Nuggets during the 1997/98 season and eclipsed by the 2010/11 Cavs and last season’s Sixers, who each lost 26 straight games.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Posterized Basketball looked at the surprising Celtics.
- Road To The Association previewed Mario Hezonja.
- Legion Report looked at Kevin Love‘s upcoming free agency decision.
- House Of Houston is glad that Dwight Howard won’t make James Harden change his game.
- Green Street says the C’s can make some real noise in the playoffs.
- Slam Dunk Zone looked at lottery teams with bright futures.
- Hoops In The Holland House checked the panic meter.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected]