Paul George has reportedly voiced some displeasure with the Pacers’ plan to move him to power forward, though he did say that he’s willing to stick with it for the time being. George added that he felt overmatched trying to guard Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis in the team’s first preseason game, but after meeting with coach Frank Vogel and president of basketball operations Larry Bird, George said on Monday afternoon that he would remain in that role. “We’re going to still stick with it, see how it works,” he told Candace Buckner of The Indianapolis Star. The fact that George lobbied to scrap the team’s entire offseason plan after one game is “lunacy,” Indianapolis Star columnist Gregg Doyel opined. But Vogel told Doyel that he’s not worried about George’s reluctance to play the four. “Well, he’s going to buy in, so I’m not really sure how to answer that,” Vogel said. “We’re going to work together to figure out the best combination of all these things.”
This brings me to the topic/question of the day: What are your thoughts on the Paul George at power forward experiment the Pacers are trying out?
Indiana is essentially moving its best player to an unfamiliar position where he may find himself physically outmatched from time to time. With George still working his way back from the devastating broken leg he suffered last year while playing for Team USA, is this a wise move by the franchise with one of its cornerstone players? How do you think George will fare at the four spot if he remains there for the entire campaign? Take to the comments section below to share your thoughts and opinions on the matter. We look forward to what you have to say.