With the regular season finally underway, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- The Magic waived Nick Johnson and Ramon Galloway.
- The Raptors waived Drew Crawford, Brady Heslip, E.J. Singler, Jarrod Uthoff and Yanick Moreira.
- The Pistons waived Trey Freeman and Lorenzo Brown.
- The Pistons waived Mamadou N’Diaye.
- The Bucks waived Jaleel Roberts, Orlando Johnson and J.J. O’Brien.
- The Heat waived Briante Weber, Beno Udrih, Okaro White, Luis Montero and Vashil Fernandez.
- The Celtics waived Ryan Kelly.
- The Cavs waived John Holland.
- The Hornets waived Rasheed Sulaimon, Mike Tobey and Perry Ellis.
- The Pacers waived Jeremy Evans and Julyan Stone.
- The Sixers waived Brandon Paul, James Webb III, Cat Barber, and Shawn Long.
- The Celtics waived R.J. Hunter.
- The Cavs waived Dahntay Jones.
- The Pistons claimed Beno Udrih off waivers from the Heat. The team waived Ray McCallum to clear a roster spot.
- The Nuggets waived Robbie Hummel and Nate Wolters.
- The Timberwolves waived Rasual Butler and Toure’ Murry.
- The Jazz waived Chris Johnson.
- The Spurs waived Livio Jean-Charles, Patricio Garino, and Joel Anthony.
- The Grizzlies waived Jordan Adams, D.J. Stephens, Wayne Selden Jr. and JaKarr Sampson.
- The Mavs waived Jonathan Gibson, Kyle Collinsworth, Keith Hornsby, Jaleel Cousins and C.J. Williams.
- The Pelicans waived Quinn Cook and Quincy Ford.
- The Pelicans waived Alonzo Gee.
- The Rockets waived Gary Payton II, P.J. Hairston and Le’Bryan Nash.
- The Lakers waived Yi Jianlian.
- The Lakers waived Anthony Brown.
- The Thunder waived Mitch McGary, Ronnie Price, Chris Wright and Kaleb Tarczewski.
- The Rockets waived Pablo Prigioni.
- The Suns waived Archie Goodwin.
- The Grizzlies waived Matt Costello.
- The Kings waived Jordan Farmar and Isaiah Cousins.
- The Pistons signed Mamadou N’Diaye.
- The Rockets signed Le’Bryan Nash.
- The Sixers signed Dionte Christmas.
- The Hawks signed Dennis Schroder to a four-year, $70MM contract extension.
- The Bulls signed R.J. Hunter.
- The Warriors exercised their third-year team option on Kevon Looney‘s contract.
- The Raptors exercised their fourth-year options on Bruno Caboclo and Lucas Nogueira, along with the third-year option on Delon Wright.
- The Timberwolves exercised their third-year options on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones and fourth-year options on Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins.
- The Celtics exercised their third-year option on Terry Rozier.
- The Trail Blazers exercised their 2017/18 team options on Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier.
- The Rockets exercised their 2017/18 team option on Clint Capela.
- The Jazz exercised their fourth-year options for Rodney Hood and Dante Exum, as well as Trey Lyles‘ third-year option.
- The Suns exercised their 2017/18 options for Devin Booker and T.J. Warren.
- The Magic exercised their 2017/18 team options on Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, and Elfrid Payton.
- The Sixers exercised their 2017/18 team options on the rookie contracts of Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor, and Nik Stauskas.
- The Lakers exercised their 2017/18 team options for D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, and Larry Nance Jr.
- The Grizzlies exercised their third-year team option on Jarell Martin.
- The Bulls exercised their fourth-year option on Doug McDermott and the third-year options for Jerian Grant and Bobby Portis.
- Spurs guard Danny Green will miss three weeks with a quad injury.
- Sixers forward Elton Brand retired.
- Sixers big man Nerlens Noel underwent surgery and is expected to miss three to five weeks.
- Longtime NBA big man Ronny Turiaf announced his retirement.
- The Seattle investment group led by Chris Hansen has offered to privately fund a new sports arena in the city’s SoDo neighborhood, forgoing public financing.
- Mavericks guard Devin Harris will be in a walking boot for the next three weeks as he recovers from a toe sprain.
- Former University of Memphis standout D.J. Stephens was arrested and charged with domestic aggravated assault.