With 2016’s major free agent period winding down, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- The Grizzlies signed Troy Williams.
- The Nets signed Beau Beech.
- The Hornets signed Mike Tobey.
- The Trail Blazers signed Tim Quarterman.
- The Heat inked Dion Waiters.
- The Blazers re-signed Maurice Harkless.
- The Hornets signed Treveon Graham.
- The Trail Blazers and C.J. McCollum signed a maximum-salary contract extension.
- The Mavs signed Jameel Warney and Keith Hornsby.
- The Celtics signed Ben Bentil.
- The Celtics signed Jaylen Brown.
- The Bulls re-signed Spencer Dinwiddie.
- The Spurs reached an agreement with David Lee.
- The Spurs signed Patricio Garino.
- The Nuggets signed Juan Hernangomez.
- The Warriors reached an agreement with JaVale McGee.
- Courtney Fortson signed with the Chinese team Zheijiang Guangsha.
- Jordan Hamilton signed with the Turkish club Tofas Bursa.
- Vasilije Micic signed with Tofas Bursa to play overseas in Turkey.
- Donald Sloan signed with Guangdong of The Chinese Basketball Association.
- Eric Maynor signed with the Italian club Varese.
- Russ Smith signed with the Turkish club Galatasaray.
- Dez Wells signed to play in Germany for the Tigers Tubingen.
- The Cavaliers and head coach Tyronn Lue agreed to a five-year, $35MM contract extension.
- Amar’e Stoudemire announced his retirement.
- The Clippers are reportedly seeking a location for a new arena.
- Former Providence point guard God Shammgod joined the Mavericks‘ staff as an assistant coach in charge of player development.