Ten-day signings continue to be the most common NBA transaction taking place at this point in the 2017/18 season, with most rest-of-season contracts only being signed after the player has already played on a 10-day deal or two.
Currently, 11 of the league’s 30 teams are carrying at least one player on a 10-day contract, giving them the opportunity to take a look at that player without being committed to him for the rest of the season.
A week ago, we checked in on the active 10-day contracts around the NBA, but the turnover on those agreements is so frequent that it’s worth revisiting them this week. Because 10-day contracts can be challenging to keep up with, we created a tracker to keep tabs on all the 10-day deals around the NBA. Updated daily, our tracker shows which 10-day contract recipients still have active deals.
With the help of our tracker, here’s a quick roundup of the players currently on 10-day contracts, along with a handful of players whose deals recently expired. The expiration date noted below for each player represents the final day of his contract.
Active 10-day contracts:
- Brandon Jennings (Bucks): Expires 3/20.
- Jaylen Morris (Hawks): Expires 3/20.
- Note: Morris will reportedly be signed for the rest of the season.
- Jameel Warney (Mavericks): Expires 3/20.
- Damion Lee (Hawks): Expires 3/22.
- Travis Wear (Lakers): Expires 3/22.
- Briante Weber (Grizzlies): Expires 3/23.
- Sean Kilpatrick (Clippers): Expires 3/23.
- Larry Drew II (Pelicans): Expires 3/24.
- Nigel Hayes (Raptors): Expires 3/25.
- David Stockton (Jazz): Expires 3/26.
- Rodney Purvis (Magic): Expires 3/27.
- Okaro White (Cavaliers): Expires 3/27.
Recently expired 10-day contracts that haven’t been renewed:
- Derrick Williams (Lakers): Expired 3/18.
- Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Grizzlies): Expired 3/14.
- Walter Lemon Jr. (Pelicans): Expired 3/13.