The Lakers are in Oklahoma City in advance of their game tomorrow night against the Thunder, and spent the afternoon today at an Oklahoma theater watching Lincoln. At least one Laker has submitted his review already, as the film comes "highly recommended" from Pau Gasol. While we wait with bated breath to see if there are any dissenting options from the team, here are a few Lakers updates:
- It's easy for the Lakers to target Ryan Anderson, but much more difficult to actually obtain him, writes Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times.
- The fact that the Raptors' interest in Pau Gasol has gone public doesn't mean much, according to Doug Smith of the Toronto Star, who says for every Gasol rumour that circulates, there are 10 discussions with other teams taking place privately.
- Mike Brown has no hard feelings toward the Lakers, and finding another coaching job isn't currently on his mind, writes Janis Carr of the Orange County Register.
- Offseason signee Jodie Meeks tells Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld that he's getting comfortable playing for Mike D'Antoni and is glad to be a Laker. "I’m glad I picked here," Meeks said. "I was very excited about coming here and playing with a couple Hall of Famers and a great coach. I’m glad I made the decision to come here and I’m looking forward to helping them try to win a championship."
- Jerry West explains to Sam Amick of USA Today why he views Kobe Bryant as the greatest Laker of all time.