The Hawks have stopped trade talks involving Jeff Teague, whom the Knicks and Jazz (among others) reportedly covet, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical on Yahoo Sports reports (Twitter links). Our own Chuck Myron examined the point guard’s trade candidacy last month.
Here’s more from the Eastern Conference:
- The Nets never wound up interviewing Wizards senior VP of basketball operations Tommy Sheppard despite asking Washington’s permission to do so, according to Brian Lewis of the New York Post.
- Knicks GM Steve Mills spoke with the Timberwolves about Ricky Rubio, but the Knicks believe Minnesota won’t deal him, and while New York contacted the Rockets about Ty Lawson, neither dialogue is active, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
- The Celtics have thus far been unwilling to pay a premium for Al Horford or Dwight Howard, sources tell Wojnarowski (Twitter link).
- The Bucks have reached out to the Sixers about Kendall Marshall but haven’t made progress on that front, reports Wojnarowski (Twitter link).
- Pau Gasol confirmed today the Bulls are in the lead to re-sign him when he opts out, as expected, this summer, tweets K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. An earlier report indicated he preferred to join forces with Marc Gasol on the Grizzlies.
- The Pistons are still deliberating on their point guard situation, Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press hears (Twitter link).
- The Magic are expected to make a big push this summer for Horford, Zach Lowe of ESPN.com tweets.
Chuck Myron contributed to this post.