The sixth day of the NBA’s 2016 free agent period saw longtime Heat star Dwyane Wade agree to leave Miami in order to join the Bulls. The moratorium has officially ended and the agreements that have been reported the past six days can now start to be finalized.
In case you weren’t able to follow along with our updates throughout the sixth day of free agency, a recap of the day’s highlights can be found below. Going forward though, be sure to keep tabs on our free agent tracker for all the latest updates on contract agreements for free agents.
- Patrick McCaw, SG (Warriors): Two years, minimum salary.
- Nene, PF/C (Rockets): One year, $2.9MM.
- Brandon Rush, G/F (Timberwolves): One year, $3.5MM.
- Brian Roberts, PG (Hornets): One year, minimum salary.
- Langston Galloway, G (Pelicans): Two years, $10MM.
- A.J. Hammons, C (Mavericks): Three years.
- Dwyane Wade, SG (Bulls): Two years, $47MM.
- Richard Jefferson, SF (Cavaliers): Two years, $5MM.
- Jake Layman, C (Trail Blazers): Two years, approximately $2.7MM.
- Leandro Barbosa, G/F (Suns): Two years, $8MM.
- The Mavericks and Pacers reached an agreement on a trade that will send Jeremy Evans and cash to Indiana.
- The Bulls are sending Mike Dunleavy to the Cavs.
- The Lakers acquired Jose Calderon from the Bulls.
Other notable news/rumors:
- Ray Allen is reportedly considering making a comeback.
- The Nets rescinded their qualifying offer for Markel Brown.