The Fourth of July started out slowly in terms of NBA free agent news, but after Kevin Durant announced that he would be leaving the Thunder to join the Warriors, the dominoes began to topple, and the rumor mill stayed busy the rest of the day.
In case you weren’t able to follow along with our updates throughout the fourth day of free agency, a recap of the day’s highlights can be found below. Going forward, be sure to keep tabs on our free agent tracker for all the latest updates on contract agreements for free agents.
- Harrison Barnes, F (Mavericks): Four years, max salary
- Kevin Durant, F (Warriors): Two years, max salary
- Pau Gasol, F/C (Spurs): Two years, $30MM
- Lance Thomas, F (Knicks): Four years, $27.3MM
- Tarik Black, F/C (Lakers): Two years, $12.85MM
- Ramon Sessions, G (Hornets): Two years, $12.3MM
- Sergio Rodriguez, G (Sixers): One year, $8MM
- Seth Curry, G (Mavericks): Two years, $6MM
- Roy Hibbert, C (Hornets): One year, $5MM
- Brandon Jennings, G (Knicks): One year, $5MM
- Luc Mbah a Moute, F (Clippers): Two years, $4.51MM
- Zaza Pachulia, C (Warriors): One year, $2.9MM
- The Warriors will send C Andrew Bogut and a 2019 second-round pick to the Mavericks in exchange for a future conditional second-round pick.
Other notable news/rumors:
- Tim Duncan is strongly leaning toward retirement.
- The Thunder may consider fielding trade offers for Russell Westbrook.
- The Cavaliers won’t match the Bucks‘ four-year offer sheet for Matthew Dellavedova.
- The Heat have put a two-year, $40MM offer on the table for Dwyane Wade.
- The Spurs are exploring a trade involving Boris Diaw as a way to create cap room.
- The Kings waived Caron Butler and Duje Dukan.
- The Knicks rescinded their qualifying offer to Langston Galloway, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The Magic rescinded their qualifying offer to Dewayne Dedmon, making him an unrestricted free agent.