We specialize in news about roster movement here at Hoops Rumors, but sometimes looking at the players who stay put can provide just as much insight on the plans of their teams. So we've rounded up the returning players from each Western Conference team, just as we did with the Eastern Conference yesterday.
Unlike the East, where most of the stabillity was found amongst lottery teams — with the exception of the Heat, who brought back a dozen players — five of the West's top six teams with the most returning players made the playoffs last season. The lone exception is the Kings, who finished with the second-worst record in the conference but still brought back 11 guys. The Spurs have the most returnees of any team in the league, with 13.
The players listed here were all under contract with their teams at the end of 2011/12. So, Andrew Bogut is listed as a returnee for the Warriors even though he's never played a game for the team, since his rights were acquired in a midseason trade last year. Likewise, Raja Bell is on this list since he remains on the Jazz roster despite his absence from camp as he continues to work on a buyout with the team.
- Spurs (13) — DeJuan Blair, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili,Danny Green, Stephen Jackson, Cory Joseph, Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills, Gary Neal, Tony Parker, Tiago Splitter
- Thunder (12) — Cole Aldrich, Nick Collison, Daequan Cook, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Lazar Hayward, Serge Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Eric Maynor, Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefolosha, Russell Westbrook
- Jazz (11) — Raja Bell, Alec Burks, DeMarre Carroll, Jeremy Evans, Derrick Favors,Gordon Hayward, Al Jefferson, Enes Kanter, Paul Millsap, Jamaal Tinsley, Earl Watson
- Kings (11) — DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Jimmer Fredette, Francisco Garcia,Chuck Hayes, Tyler Honeycutt, Travis Outlaw, John Salmons, Isaiah Thomas, Jason Thompson, Marcus Thornton
- Nuggets (11) — Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, Danilo Gallinari,Jordan Hamilton, Kosta Koufos, Ty Lawson, JaVale McGee, Andre Miller,Timofey Mozgov, Julyan Stone
- Grizzlies (10) — Tony Allen, Darrell Arthur, Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, Hamed Haddadi, Quincy Pondexter, Zach Randolph, Josh Selby, Marreese Speights
- Warriors (9) — Andris Biedrins, Andrew Bogut, Stephen Curry, Richard Jefferson,Charles Jenkins, David Lee, Brandon Rush, Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler
- Clippers (8) — Chauncey Billups, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Travis Leslie, Chris Paul, Trey Thompkins
- Lakers (8) — Steve Blake, Kobe Bryant, Devin Ebanks, Pau Gasol, Andrew Goudelock, Jordan Hill, Darius Morris, Metta World Peace
- Mavericks (7) — Rodrigue Beaubois, Vince Carter, Dominique Jones, Shawn Marion,Dirk Nowitzki, Delonte West, Brandan Wright
- Timberwolves (7) — J.J. Barea, Malcolm Lee, Kevin Love, Nikola Pekovic, Luke Ridnour,Ricky Rubio, Derrick Williams
- Trail Blazers (7) — LaMarcus Aldridge, Luke Babbitt, Nicolas Batum, J.J. Hickson,Wesley Matthews, Nolan Smith, Elliot Williams
- Hornets (6) — Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Gordon, Xavier Henry, Jason Smith, Lance Thomas, Greivis Vasquez
- Suns (6) — Shannon Brown, Jared Dudley, Channing Frye, Marcin Gortat, Markieff Morris, Sebastian Telfair
- Rockets (5) — Kevin Martin, Marcus Morris, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson, Greg Smith