The Kings have been listed all season as a team looking to be active in the trade market but yesterday reports surfaced that Sacramento is “aggressively” pursuing trade possibilities well before the February deadline. The Kings seem to be shopping their veteran players in order to get more draft picks and younger players to build a team around Ben McLemore and DeMarcus Cousins.
Veteran players on the Kings roster include:
- Marcus Thornton (28.3 MPG, 10.3 PPG, 2.7 RPG)
- John Salmons (24.4 MPG, 4.9 PPG, 2.4 RPG)
- Chuck Hayes (9.2 MPG, 0.8 PPG, 1.9 RPG)
- Jason Thompson (20.5 MPG, 6.2 PPG, 5.7 RPG)
- Luc Mbah a Moute (18 MPG, 3.2 PPG, 2.5 RPG)
- Travis Outlaw (15.1 MPG, 6.4 PPG, 3.9 RPG)
Additionally, Jimmer Fredette (12.0 MPG, 3.0 PPG, 2.3 APG) has been listed as a potential candidate that the Kings will be looking to ship away this season considering they declined his 2014/15 team option.
Playing the role of Kings GM Pete D’Alessandro who do you think the Kings should trade this season?