A major part of the craziness of NBA player movement during the summer involves trades, and the 2016 offseason has been no exception. Our Free Agent Tracker runs down the signings that have taken place this summer, but it doesn’t cover trades, so that’s where this post comes in. As we did with last year’s offseason trades and the in-season swaps from 2015/16, we’ll be keeping track of all of the trades from this summer, right up until the start of the 2016/17 season, updating this post with each transaction.
Trades are listed here in reverse chronological order, with the latest on top. So, if a player has been traded multiple times, the first team listed as having acquired him is the one that ended up with him. For more details on each trade, click the date above it.
For more information on the specific conditions dictating if and when draft picks involved in these deals will actually change hands, be sure to check out RealGM.com’s breakdown of the details on traded picks.
Here’s the full list of the NBA’s 2016 offseason trades:
2016/17 League Year
- Thunder acquire Joffrey Lauvergne.
- Nuggets acquire Thunder’s 2017 second-round pick and Grizzlies’ 2017 second-round pick.
- Jazz acquire Kendall Marshall.
- Sixers acquire Tibor Pleiss, cash ($1.6MM), and two 2017 second-round picks (best and worst of Jazz, Knicks, Pistons, and Warriors picks).
- Magic acquire C.J. Wilcox and cash ($230K).
- Clippers acquire Devyn Marble and Cavaliers’ 2020 second-round pick.
- Grizzlies acquire Troy Daniels (sign-and-trade).
- Hornets acquire cash.
- Heat acquire Luke Babbitt.
- Pelicans acquire their own 2018 second-round pick (previously traded to Miami) and cash ($400K).
- Cavaliers acquire Mike Dunleavy and draft rights to Vladimir Veremeenko.
- Bulls acquire draft rights to Albert Miralles.
- Lakers acquire Jose Calderon, Nuggets’ 2018 second-round pick, and Bulls’ 2019 second-round pick.
- Bulls acquire draft rights to Ater Majok.
- Bucks acquire Matthew Dellavedova (sign-and-trade) and cash ($200K).
- Cavaliers acquire draft rights to Albert Miralles.
- Pacers acquire Jeremy Evans, draft rights to Emir Preldzic, and cash ($3.2MM).
- Mavericks acquire draft rights to Stanko Barac.
- Jazz acquire Boris Diaw, Spurs’ 2022 second-round pick, and cash.
- Spurs acquire draft rights to Olivier Hanlan.
- Wizards acquire Trey Burke.
- Jazz acquire Wizards’ 2021 second-round pick.
- Trail Blazers acquire Shabazz Napier.
- Magic acquire cash ($75K).
- Mavericks acquire Andrew Bogut and Warriors’ 2019 second-round pick.
- Warriors acquire Mavericks’ 2019 second-round pick (conditional).
- Pacers acquire Jeff Teague.
- Jazz acquire George Hill.
- Hawks acquire draft rights to Taurean Prince (No. 12 pick).
- Agreed upon in June.
- Pacers acquire Thaddeus Young.
- Nets acquire draft rights to Caris LeVert (No. 20 pick) and Pacers’ 2017 second-round pick (conditional).
- Agreed upon in June.
- Hornets acquire Marco Belinelli.
- Kings acquire draft rights to Malachi Richardson (No. 22 pick).
- Agreed upon in June.
2015/16 League Year
- Magic acquire Jodie Meeks.
- Pistons acquire a 2019 second-round pick.
- Thunder acquire draft rights to Daniel Hamilton (No. 56 pick).
- Nuggets acquire cash ($730K).
- Cavaliers acquire draft rights to Kay Felder (No. 54 pick).
- Hawks acquire cash ($2.47MM).
- Trail Blazers acquire draft rights to Jake Layman (No. 47 pick).
- Magic acquire Blazers’ 2019 second-round pick and cash ($1.2MM).
- Nets acquire draft rights to Isaiah Whitehead (No. 42 pick).
- Jazz acquire draft rights to Marcus Paige (No. 55 pick) and cash ($3MM).
- Grizzlies acquire draft rights to Deyonta Davis (No. 31 pick) and draft rights to Rade Zagorac (No. 35 pick).
- Celtics acquire Clippers’ 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected).
- Warriors acquire draft rights to Patrick McCaw (No. 38 pick).
- Bucks acquire cash ($2.4MM).
- Pelicans acquire draft rights to Cheick Diallo (No. 33 pick).
- Clippers acquire draft rights to David Michineau (No. 39 pick) and draft rights to Diamond Stone (No. 40 pick).
- Magic acquire Serge Ibaka.
- Thunder acquire draft rights to Domantas Sabonis (No. 11 pick), Victor Oladipo, and Ersan Ilyasova.
- Suns acquire draft rights to Marquese Chriss (No. 8 pick).
- Kings acquire draft rights to Georgios Papagiannis (No. 13 pick), draft rights to Skal Labissiere (No. 28 pick), draft rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic, and Pistons’ 2020 second-round pick.
- Knicks acquire Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday, and Bulls’ 2017 second-round pick.
- Bulls acquire Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, and Jerian Grant.