Nearly 80 free agent contracts were agreed to during the first two days of the NBA’s 2021 free agent period. That breakneck pace slowed significantly on Day 3, but there were still several noteworthy headlines, including a $125MM commitment, a five-team trade agreement, and a New York homecoming for a four-time All-Star.
[RELATED: 2021 NBA Free Agent Tracker]
Listed below are Wednesday’s notable contract agreements and news items. For the most part, these deals aren’t yet official, so the reported terms could change — or agreements could fall through altogether. Generally speaking though, teams and players are on track to finalize these deals sometime after the moratorium ends on Friday.
Here are Wednesday’s noteworthy free agent agreements:
Note: Some of these salary figures may includes options, incentives, or non-guaranteed money.
- John Collins, Hawks agree to five-year, $125MM contract.
- Spencer Dinwiddie, Wizards agree to three-year, $62MM contract (sign-and-trade).
- Danny Green, Sixers agree to two-year, $20MM contract.
- Terence Davis, Kings agree to two-year, $8MM contract.
- Tony Bradley, Bulls agree to two-year, minimum-salary contract.
- Enes Kanter, Celtics agree to one-year, minimum-salary contract.
- Victor Oladipo, Heat agree to one-year, minimum-salary contract.
- Saben Lee, Pistons agree to three-year contract.
- Moritz Wagner, Magic agree to two-year contract.
- Raul Neto, Wizards agree to contract.
Here are a few more of the day’s most notable headlines:
- Kemba Walker has reached a contract buyout agreement with the Thunder and will join the Knicks once he clears waivers.
- The Wizards, Nets, Lakers, Pacers, and Spurs agreed to a complicated sign-and-trade deal that will get Spencer Dinwiddie to Washington.
- The Warriors agreed to trade Eric Paschall to the Jazz.
- LaMarcus Aldridge, who announced his retirement in April following a health scare, is seriously considering attempting a comeback.
- The Pelicans hired Mike D’Antoni as a coaching advisor.
- The Thunder rescinded their qualifying offer to Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- Aron Baynes (Raptors), Alen Smailagic (Warriors), and Alfonzo McKinnie (Lakers) were officially waived by their respective teams.