Having already created a space to track this offseason’s player option decisions, we’re turning our attention today to team options. Over the next couple months, we’ll use the space below to keep tabs on all the team options for 2023/24, making note of whether they’re exercised or declined.
True team options are different than non-guaranteed salaries, which aren’t listed in the space below. Non-guaranteed salaries are less restrictive and provide a little more flexibility than team options, which clubs must act upon by a specific date (June 29) each year.
However, team options can be useful at the end of a contract, since turning down that option allows the team to retain some form of Bird rights on the player — waiving a player with a non-guaranteed salary doesn’t present that same opportunity. Additionally, a handful of contracts still don’t become fully guaranteed once an option is picked up, giving teams an extra level of flexibility.
The list below doesn’t include rookie scale team options for 2023/24, since those third- and fourth-year options function differently than team options on standard veteran contracts. Those ’23/24 rookie scale team option decisions were made during the 2022 offseason, and can be found here.
The standard team options for 2023/24 are listed below. This list – which can be found anytime under the “Hoops Rumors Features” menu on the right sidebar on our desktop site or on the “Features” page in our mobile menu – will be updated throughout the fall to note the latest decisions as they’re reported and/or announced.
Unless otherwise indicated, a player’s salary will become guaranteed once his team option is exercised.
- Mike Muscala ($3,500,000)
- Lamar Stevens ($1,930,681)
- Note: Stevens’ salary would remains non-guaranteed if his option is exercised.
- Alec Burks ($10,489,600)
- Eugene Omoruyi ($1,927,896)
- Isaiah Livers ($1,836,096)
- Kenyon Martin Jr. ($1,930,681)
Los Angeles Lakers
- Malik Beasley ($16,524,106)
- Xavier Tillman ($1,930,681)
- Nathan Knight ($1,997,238)
- Note: Knight’s salary would be partially guaranteed (for $380,718) if his option is exercised.
New Orleans Pelicans
- Willy Hernangomez ($2,559,942)
- Naji Marshall ($1,930,681)
- Herbert Jones ($1,836,096)
New York Knicks
- Derrick Rose ($15,596,339)
- Miles McBride ($1,836,096
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lindy Waters III ($1,927,896)
- Michael Carter-Williams ($3,051,144)
- Goga Bitadze ($2,066,585)
- Admiral Schofield ($1,997,238)
- Ish Wainright ($1,927,896)
Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Knox ($3,000,000)
- Kessler Edwards ($1,927,896)