Having already created a space to track this offseason’s player option decisions, we’re turning our attention today to team options. Over the next couple months, we’ll use the space below to keep tabs on all the team options for 2018/19, making note of whether they’re picked up or declined.
True team options are somewhat rare in the NBA, since clubs have typically preferred to include a non-guaranteed year or two in player contracts. Non-guaranteed salaries are less restrictive and provide a little more flexibility than team options, which clubs must act upon by a specific date (June 29) each year.
The list below also doesn’t include rookie scale team options for 2018/19, since those third- and fourth-year options function differently than team options on standard veteran contracts. Those ’18/19 rookie scale team option decisions were made during the 2017 offseason, and can be found here.
The standard team options for 2018/19 are listed below. We’ll keep this list updated through the end of June to note the latest decisions.
- Aaron Jackson, Rockets ($1,378,242): Exercised
- T.J. McConnell, Sixers ($1,600,520): Exercised
- Joe Young, Pacers ($1,600,520): Declined
- Jordan Mickey, Heat ($1,600,520): Declined
- Nikola Mirotic, Pelicans ($12,500,000): Exercised
- Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks ($5,000,000): Declined