With 2016 free agency in full swing, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- Tim Duncan officially announced his retirement. The Spurs subsequently waived him for cap purposes.
- The Rockets and James Harden renegotiated and extended his contract, locking him up through the 2019/20 season.
- The Hornets sent Troy Daniels to the Grizzlies in a sign-and-trade in exchange for cash. Daniels received a three-year, $10MM contract from Memphis.
- The Pelicans sent Luke Babbitt to the Heat in exchange for their own 2018 second-round pick (previously traded to Miami) and cash.
- The Cavaliers sent Sasha Kaun and cash to the Sixers in exchange for the rights to Chu Chu Maduabum.
- The Magic sent Devyn Marble and a 2020 second-round pick to the Clippers in exchange for C.J. Wilcox and cash.
- Quincy Acy, PF (Mavericks): Two years, minimum salary
- Chris Andersen, PF/C (Cavaliers): One year, minimum salary
- Ryan Arcidiacono, PG (Spurs): Two years
- Anthony Bennett, PF (Nets): Two years, minimum salary
- Davis Bertans, F (Spurs): Terms unknown (draft-and-stash)
- Isaiah Canaan, PG (Bulls): Two years, $2.1MM
- Deyonta Davis, PF/C (Grizzlies): Three years, $4MM
- Wayne Ellington, SG (Heat): Two years, $12MM+
- Raymond Felton, PG (Clippers): Minimum salary
- Bryn Forbes, SG (Spurs): Terms unknown
- Randy Foye, SG (Nets): One year, $2.5MM
- Tim Frazier, PG (Pelicans): Two years, $4.1MM
- Michael Gbinije, G/F (Pistons): Three years
- Jonathan Gibson, PG (Mavericks): Three years
- Manu Ginobili, SG (Spurs): One year, $14MM
- Joe Harris, G/F (Nets): Two years
- Andrew Harrison, PG (Grizzlies): Three years, $3MM (draft-and-stash)
- Udonis Haslem, PF (Heat): One year, $4MM
- Jordan Hill, PF/C (Timberwolves): Two years, $8MM
- Danuel House, SF (Wizards): Two years
- Kris Humphries, PF (Hawks): One year, $4MM
- Jarrett Jack, PG (Hawks): One year, minimum salary
- Stefan Jankovic, F (Heat): Terms unknown
- James Johnson, F (Heat): One year, $4MM
- Terrence Jones, PF (Pelicans): One year
- Meyers Leonard, C (Trail Blazers): Four years, $41MM
- Maurice Ndour, PF (Knicks): Two years, minimum salary
- Georges Niang, F (Pacers): Three years, $2.6MM
- Pablo Prigioni, PG (Rockets): Two years
- Willie Reed, PF (Heat): Two years, minimum salary
- Dario Saric, PF (Sixers): Four years, rookie scale (draft-and-stash)
- Luis Scola, PF (Nets): One year, $5.5MM
- Diamond Stone, C (Clippers): Two years, minimum salary
- Jared Sullinger, PF (Raptors): One year, $5.63MM (estimate)
- Fred VanVleet, PG (Raptors): Two years, minimum salary (estimate)
- Greivis Vasquez, PG (Nets): One year, $4.35MM
- Sasha Vujacic, G (Knicks): One year, minimum salary
- Okaro White, F (Heat): Terms unknown
- Christian Wood, PF (Hornets): Two years
- Paul Zipser, SF (Bulls): Two years
- The Grizzlies waived Tony Wroten.
- The Pelicans waived Toney Douglas.
- The Hawks waived Lamar Patterson, who was claimed by the Kings.
- The Clippers waived Devyn Marble.
- The Heat matched Brooklyn’s offer sheet for Tyler Johnson, preventing him from joining the Nets.
- The Trail Blazers matched Brooklyn’s offer sheet for Allen Crabbe, preventing him from joining the Nets.
- The Spurs declined to match Detroit’s offer sheet for Boban Marjanovic, allowing him to join the Pistons.
- The Celtics rescinded their qualifying offer for Jared Sullinger, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The Jazz and Rudy Gobert will discuss a possible contract extension sometime after the Olympics.
- The Bulls have taken Jimmy Butler off the trade market for now.
- The Warriors and Anderson Varejao are nearing a contract agreement.
- Rival general managers still expect the Celtics to make a big trade.
- Richard Hamilton is eyeing a possible return to the NBA.